Monday, August 31, 2015





I Like the Coffee Bean

Many friends of my generation complained to me that youngsters nowadays are extravagant in their spending at the Coffee Bean as a cup of coffee with a piece of muffin can sum up to RM 10.60 (GST inclusive)
I was quite embarrassed as I was one old guy amongst those youngsters whom they had referred to.
I like to spend my time at the Coffee Bean as I was allowed to stay there for as long as I wished. By spending ten bucks or so, I can 'park my body and my soul' at the Coffee Bean for one entire day if I choose to do so. Whereas in an ordinary coffee shop , if you stayed one minute longer than necessary, after having your drink,  a  waiter would come around to clear the table. If your ‘antenna’ was malfunction and did not decode the signal, he would reappear minutes later to mop the floor around you, asking you to levitate your feet in the air.


Whereas at the Coffee Bean I could do anything I like at peace with the surrounding atmosphere without being disturbed by others; I could do whatever I like, like reading, meditating and even sleeping. At times there were a few customers who would talk loudly regardless the presence of others as if the Coffee Bean belonged to their great grandfather.
Another attraction of the Coffee Bean is that an 'early bird' can have unlimited refill of cups of coffee in the café before eleven o'clock every morning. So, it is of little wonder that I always find myself to be one of the ‘early birds’ at the Coffee Bean. My only complaint is the nearest restroom is still a bit too far away from the Coffee Bean. It would be ideal if it is situated next door to the Coffee Bean so that it would be convenient for me to answer the call of nature within a few minutes.
The adage,"an early bird catches more worms", does apply here at the Coffee Bean.

No comments: