Wednesday, March 21, 2018

How Not To Have Dementia?
๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Sitting in front of the the window,
I gaze at the beautiful scenery outside.
How I wish I could get out for a walk;
To breathe the fresh air at the distant wood.
Though it could be just a simple request,
It's rather too 'extravagant'(much) to think of it.
I'm sure the nursing staff would never allow me .
They would say I have suffered from dementia.
And once I'm outside, I would not be able to find my way back to this' home'.
Don't tell me that I was born with this dementia.
Although I can be forgetful with my bad memory,
But I'm sure,
Deep in my subconscious mind,
I can still remember that I was sent to this nursing home due to my immobility resulted from my leg injury.
I was happy to be staying at home.
And I'm really not happy to be sent here at the nursing home,
For it's rather hard for an old man to get acquainted in this unfamiliar environment.
I'm bored staying in this nursing home away from my family.
I can't avoid thinking that I'm unwanted in my family when I'm getting old and ailing;
especially when I'm no longer functional.
To be frank, I'm not used to stay in a room that is not of my own,
and to sleep on the bed that many others have slept there before.
For that reason I always loiter at the living room during the daytime,
and go back to my room to sleep late at night.
Staying here with no one to talk to, I have developed a habit of talking to myself.
With this queer behaviour it was interpreted  by the doctor that I have dementia symptom and I have to be put on medical treatment.
But the question still remains :
'If I haven't been housed in this nursing home, would I get dementia sooner than expected ? '

No comments: