Sunday, March 25, 2018

My experience of 'sleeping with others'
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

At the end of the year 1983,  four of us went up the Penang Hill to attend  a course conducted by a Buddhist monk, Lian Hua was one among us.
At night we slept  side by side at a dormitory.  We got to respect Lian Hua for he was the champion in sleeping in our sleeping competition for he was the first one to go through the gate of the dreamland.  Others had no alternative but to envy him sleeping soundly as his snoring was the sound of music for the long quiet  night.
Later, in the nineties of the last century,    I attended a course at a hotel.
I shared a twin room with the senior assistant of  Chung Ling High School of Butterworth.  History repeated itself.  I  couldn't sleep hearing the snoring sound of my room mate.
When he stopped snoring for a while he was awaken, I quickly sought that golden opportunity to sleep before it's too late to do so.
Hence, sleeping on a single bed did not quarantine a perspon a sound sleep unless he sleeps in a room alone
Later on,  I  devised a  method of sleeping when 'I'm  sleeping with others'. I would first sit on the bed to  meditate.  If my room mate sleeps first., I  would meditate on his snoring sound of  rhythm. When the time comes when I feel I am  ready to sleep, then I would lie down on my bed .
That's how I adapt to the sleeping condition whether I am alone or I'm with others.

No comments: