Sunday, December 06, 2015

Departure of My  Mother

My dear mother,
Your departure from this world had implanted deep in my heart the grief and hollowness.

As I think back of the yesteryear,the year when I was about thirty years old, I always remember you, my dear mother. At that  time I had already fathered a child. But then, as a mother,  you still treated me like a child you adored most.

Every afternoon when I visited you, you  would personally prepare coffee and slice fruits for my consumption. You would then sit beside me listening attentively like a  Catholic Father listening to the confession of his church member.

Sometimes, I would pour out my grievances to you and you would listen patiently and attentively like a sponge absorbing water without bias or discrimination. I felt better after having done so although you did nothing other than sole listening.

Mother,
You always advised me to be tolerant and to be accommodative to others, so that I would sail through life smoothly.

Mother, your sudden demise was a shock and a blow to me. It was like a pill bitter to swallow.

I was like a kite flying in the sky with its string detached.

I was also like a canoe sailing in the rough sea without direction.

Mother,
All of a sudden, I found it hard to adapt to my daily life with your sudden departure from this mundane world.

However, I needed to stand on my own footing to face the world in your absence.

Hope you would guide me spiritually from atop, like the stars of Big Dippers guiding the ocean liners sailing in the rough seas to reach their destinations.

No comments: